Somatheeram Ayurveda Health Resort
Somatheeram is one of the first properties in India to combine a beach resort with a traditional Ayurvedic hospital. It is particularly praised for its cascading gardens, beautiful landscaping and environment that radiate peace, serenity and healing. Several rooms offer an ocean view and easy access to a pristine beach. Confident and disciplined in its approach to Ayurveda, the staff at Somatheeram boasts that it is a resort reserved for those who are “serious about health”. The yoga teachers at Somatheeram are reputed to be excellent. One possible limitation, however, is that the daily Ayurvedic treatments and yoga at Somatheeram tend to be shorter in duration than what is offered at comparable properties.
- Nearest airport: Trivandrum (TRV)
- Distance from airport: 40 minutes by car
- Minimum price: USD $130 per person per day (all inclusive)
- Maximum price: USD $510 per person per day (all inclusive)
- Best time of year: November to February
- Cheapest time of year: May to September
- Alcohol available: No
- Smoking rooms: No
- Non-veg food available: Yes
Somatheeram is for those who love gardens, yoga, food variety and free time.